Saturday 18 May 2013

Knitting the month away...Boucle Couture

The last project of my second year has come to an end.  4 weeks have flown by and after being given Boucle as my material for our drape module I decided to develop a knitwear based collection.  This was a tad ambitious considering I am pretty clueless in the knitting department but I've had the best 4 weeks, not realising most days the amount of time I was spending in the studio every day.
I had the help of a lovely friend of mine Ed, who is on the textile course, who taught me how to use the machines and was an amazing support if I had any questions.

So the resulting garments turned out to be very pink..completely unintentionally but I learnt so much and cannot wait to get back to the knitting machine, which won't be long as I will be soon undertaking a  knitwear course at Knit-1 in Brighton.


Here are a few pictures, for the rest of the portfolio work please see kezi.carbonmade.com Photoshoot to come.

©Keziah Newlove

©Keziah Newlove

©Keziah Newlove

©Keziah Newlove 
©Keziah Newlove

©Keziah Newlove


No comments:

Post a Comment